Online | Any Time
AICC Member: Free
Corrugated board is a highly customizable substrate and the
knowledge to use it well can be greatly advantageous for your company in terms
of saving waste and money. There are many stock options you can choose from
when ordering standard shipping containers, but a box suited specifically to
your exact product may need a custom design, and with corrugated you have that
option. This is an informative course with easy to digest information that will
get you up to speed on corrugated containers. In this course, you will learn
both the art and science of corrugated. From learning how corrugated fiberboard
is manufactured, to how corrugated containers are designed and produced on
packaging machinery, you will get a 360° view of the corrugated industry.
1. Define corrugated board and understand its far reaching grasp in the global packaging industry.
2. Understand the manufacturing process for corrugated board, container converting, and enhancement treatments.
3. Leverage the properties of corrugated board for specific packaging needs.
4. Evaluate compressive forces and headspace, and apply that knowledge to several case studies.
5. Recognize standard corrugated container styles and the design to die-cutting process to obtain each style.
6. Strategize to effectively store and distribute corrugated containers.
Who should attend: Great onboarding course for new employees. Customer Service, Sales, Production and Design employees can also benefit from a better understanding of corrugated by taking this course.
Note: You must have an account with AICC in order to register. When you click the above "Register Now" page, it will give you the opportunity to find and log into your account, or find it. If you have never purchased a product from AICC and never registered for an event, then you can create an account for yourself.